Thursday, October 27, 2011

Don't Let Sembreak Kill Your Brain

My brain has taken a break. Hibernate. Auto-shut-down.



After 18 weeks of living hell—forced eyeballs with Term Paper, fake friendship with Readings, and disaster dates with Exams—my brain finally raised the white flag. And now I'm a big, fat, sleepyhead close to being as harmful to society as the beggars on the sidewalks and footbridges, or flying cockroaches.


The human brain stops growing at age 18, and is 80% water. That explains why for me. Image from wordstovictory.blogspot.com.


Too bad, though, 'cause I have a pile of plans this sem-break. I need my brain to keep this blog running now that I finally had the guts to start it in the first place and I don't have ______ (much, any) followers.

So I put on my research nose to revive my already dead brain.

Here are some of the ways I found over the internet, plus those I deviced for myself (which I honestly thought work better)


  • EAT CHOCOLATES. Chocolate can actually increase brain power because it stimulates the brain. A piece of chocolate makes the brain function more effectively.

  • TAKE FOLIC ACID. Your mom was right in forcing you to eat green leafy vegetables when you were a child; they are also high in folic acid. Folic acid retains brain function, improves information processing speed, and memory.

  • INTRODUCE GINKO BILOBA TO YOUR SYSTEM. Ginko biloba improves clarity of thoughts, protects valuable cell membranes, and neurotransmitter functions of the brain. The only problem is that I don't know where to find it aside from 3-in-1, 4-in-1, 5-in-1,or N-in-1 coffee available in the market.

  • BE FRIENDS WITH NEMO. Eat fish several times a week, for they are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acid increases learning ability, problem-solving skills, focus, memory, and brain cell communication.

  • READ AND SUBSCRIBE TO A BLOG. Read and subscribe to a blog.


The storage capacity of the human brain is about 4 terabytes (4,000 gigabytes).


The storage capacity of this hard drive is 10 terabytes (10,000 gigabytes).


  • ACT LIKE A GENIUS. Drown yourself with crossword puzzles, sudoko puzzles, jigsaw puzzles. Pretend you enjoy watching Discovery Channel or Nat Geo. Go bibo over quiz shows on television and pretend that you know the answers to the questions. Stay mentally active. Learning something challenging also helps.

  • FINALLY READ THE BOOKS YOU BOUGHT FROM BOOKSALE A YEAR AGO AND THE EBOOKS YOU DOWNLOADED FROM PIRATEBAY. Always keep your brain functioning at its highest level to increase brain power.

  • LISTEN TO ROCK MUSIC (the heavy metal ones). Nothing can make your brain more awake.

  • WATCH IGLOT, MUNTING HEREDERA, AND TIME OF MY LIFE EVERY NIGHT—and spot every crime committed on Philippine television. Critique every thing about the show until you get tired and decide to do something worthwhile instead.

  • AVOID FACEBOOK, WHEN ALL YOU DO IS STALK. Enough said.

  • JOURNAL LIKE CRAZY. Maintain a blog. Share your thoughts. This is an effective brain exercise.


That's basically it. Not that hard to follow, eh?


Hope I can make the most of the remaining days of sembreak, when brain permits me. Hope brain will be okay soon :)

By Mariejo Ramos with 2 comments

2 comments:

What about doing "arty" stuffs like painting, drawing, scrapbooking, etc. etc.... They also keep me busy somehow. :) I think they also keep the brain "active" perhaps. :) Thumbs up for TIP # 9. :D Hahahahaha. :)

I think a different list goes for the "talented" people like you, marshmallow :))) Thanks for the comment! Tip # 9 is my favorite.

Post a Comment

blogger